Photo taken with Nikon 3100 f/5.6, shutter speed 1/10 and ISO-400
I bought some bananas recently that did the weird thing of being completely unripe to squishy in around a day! This recipe is fantastic for using up overripe bananas, the yoghurt gives it great moisture and it will keep very well for around 4-5 days.
- 120ml oil
- 225g light muscovado sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 225g self-raising flour
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 150ml natural yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180C/Gas 4. Line a 2lb loaf tin with baking paper (or use a loaf tin liner)
- Pour oil into a bowl, add sugar and whisk for a few minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, making sure each one is fully incorporated
- Sieve flour and cinnamon into bowl and gently fold with a metal spoon
- Mash bananas and fold into mixture, along with the yoghurt. The mixture will be very runny but don’t panic!
- Bake for around 1 hour until well risen and golden brown
Recipe from ‘Delicious’