Anything containing peanut butter is fine by me. However chocolate and peanut butter is like my nirvana 🙂 These cookies smell amazing when they are baking and had my husband hopping from foot to foot waiting until they were cool enough to eat! Using a freestanding mixer is the easiest thing here, however until I get my coveted pink KitchenAid (sob), I made do with my electric handmixer.
f/5.6, 1/100, ISO-800
f/5.3, 1/50, ISO-800, exposure +1.3
- 125g soft butter
- 75g light brown sugar
- 50g caster sugar
- 100g smooth peanut butter (no added sugar, I like Whole Earth)
- 1 large egg (cold)
- 150g plain flour sifted
- 30g cocoa powder (use really good quality) sifted
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g dark chocolate
- 100g each of milk and white chocolate chips
- 50g salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to Gas 3/170C. Melt the dark chocolate in a microwave (carefully, in short bursts, otherwise the chocolate may seize and go grainy).
- Cream the butter, sugars and peanut butter together. Add the melted dark chocolate and mix together.
- Beat in the egg, followed by all the dry ingredients.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Dollop the mixture onto lined baking sheets (I use an american 1/4 cup measure to keep it even). Keep the cookies at least 5cm apart so they can spread.
- Bake for 20 minutes and leave on the baking tray for 5 minutes out of the oven, before moving the cookies to a cooling rack.
I was very pleased with how these turned out…enjoy 🙂