Ok, brace yourselves. I have made…something savoury! 🙂 Have I told you all about my cheese obsession? It probably comes a very close 2nd to peanut butter. Sometimes I even eat them together (peanut butter and cheese sandwiches…yum). These biscuits make me feel very festive as they use my favourite blue cheese, Stilton. Stilton is special as it has a protection order applied to its production, which basically means it can only be produced at a handful of select dairies in the UK. If you can’t get hold of Stilton, any crumbly blue cheese will work just as well 🙂 If you’re worried that you aren’t a blue cheese fan, these really aren’t overpowering. They have a lovely buttery, subtle flavour. Great to serve as a savoury snack at any Christmas party you might happen to have!
- 200g plain flour
- 100g unsalted butter
- 100g stilton (or other blue cheese) + extra for topping
- 50g walnuts
- Poppy seeds for sprinkling
- Beaten egg (for glazing)
1. Food process all ingredients (apart from the egg) until it forms a dough (a little water may be needed)
2. Take dough out and knead lightly. Roll out thinly onto a floured board and cut out biscuit shapes (use whatever cutter you like!) Top with poppy seeds (or other seeds) or more blue cheese
3. Bake biscuits for 10 minutes or until golden. These will keep well in an airtight tin for a few days.