Welcome to another cookie recipe 🙂
You can never have too many cookies in my opinion! Cookies with milk chocolate, cookies with dark chocolate, cookies with white chocolate. Cookies with all 3?!
(I just want to dive in here)
This cookie recipe uses a similar base to my lemon & white chocolate chip cookies (love those), which is chewy, fudgy and chocolatey. I’ve never made cookies with all 3 chocolate chips in them (why, I don’t know), so thought it was about time! I’ve tweaked the cookie dough base slightly from the chocolate chunk peanut cookies, as I’ve found that cookies without a double hit of chocolate (cocoa powder) don’t seem to need that extra dark brown sugar. Dark brown sugar is fab as it means the cookies will keep soft for days, however the high amount of molasses means a strong treacle flavour, which I find detracts from the other lovely ingredients (such as the vanilla and the chocolate chips). It’s important to be able to taste the chocolate chips in chocolate chip cookies! 🙂
As with most cookies, bake these until only just looking vaguely set (7-8 minutes). They will firm up as they cool and this means the cookies will keep soft for around 5 days afterwards (I know, as I’ve just snaffled the last lonely looking cookie from the tin!)
I challenge you not to stuff these in your mouth before they have had their 10 minutes cooling time on the tray. I did and it was a collapsing cookie goo-fest 🙂
(I have a weird pink hand here. But I’m pleased with the this picture and it took me ages to take so it’s staying!)
Ingredients (makes around 18 cookies):
- 125g unsalted butter
- 125g light brown sugar
- 50g dark brown sugar
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 50g dark chocolate chips
- 50g milk chocolate chips
- 50g white chocolate chips
- Cream the butter and sugars together until fluffy. Ensure all the lumps are broken down from the brown sugars.
- Beat in the egg, followed by the vanilla extract. Fold in the dry ingredients (including the salt). Fold in all the chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough at this stage for at least 2 hours (I chill mine overnight). Preheat oven to Gas 4/180C.
- Line trays with baking paper/liners. Roll dessert spoonfuls of the cookie dough into balls and place on the trays. Bake for no more than 8 minutes and leave to cool on the tray for 10 minutes, before removing to a wire rack.