Anyone getting bored yet with all my peanut butter/chocolate recipes? No, me neither 🙂
My dad used to make lots of sweets when he was younger and has told me tales of sugar thermometers, special pans and lots of other stuff that he needed to make yummy sweets. I am here to tell you today that you don’t need any complicated equipment to make fudge (yay!) This recipe is really easy and delicious 🙂 I’ve topped it with a mix of chocolate and peanut butter in this case, but I have a feeling that some chopped salted peanuts may have been a good idea as well…
- 65g unsalted butter
- 250g dark brown sugar
- 60ml milk
- 125g crunchy peanut butter
- 150g icing sugar. sifted
- 30g smooth peanut butter (topping)
- 30g dark chocolate (topping)
I’ve just realised this recipe isn’t actually baking. Oh well 🙂
- Melt butter gently in a pan over a low heat. Stir in the brown sugar and milk, then leave to boil for 2-3 minutes (without stirring).
- Remove from the heat and stir in the crunchy peanut butter.
- Pour icing sugar into a bowl and add the mixture from the pan. Beat mixture until all the sugar is incorporated.
- Put fudge into a small foil tray and even out the top. Melt the chocolate and smooth peanut butter in the microwave and spread over the top of the fudge. Leave fudge to cool slightly and then place in fridge to cool completely.